Forums are back in action! ×

Small Victory

This morning was the first time the scale stayed below 210 in many years, 209.6 to be exact.  Really pumped about this and this was done all with diet and eating clean.  I lost my job recently and have been in a funk when it comes to working out but staying home and being thrifty has started to pay off, I found a year round farmers market where I got a week's worth of fruits and veggies for $20 and the additional time has allowed me to cook better meals.  This weeks favorites were the paleo shepherd's pie made with sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash with freshly made chicken parm, no more frozen processed patties.  I was able to feed a family of 4 for $120 bucks this week, our usual grocery bill was in the 170-200 range.  I hope I can keep this up.

• Like 2

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

Living in the north east, most farmer's markets don't open up until May.  Luckily this one is year round on Friday and Saturdays.  There is another one closer to the house that I can use on Tuesdays that has even more selection.

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%