Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Canadia

I'm a 4th year university student. I've always been athletic, but my eating habits have never been great. I played five sports in high school. Cross-country, soccer and track were my best, and I made cities and provincials. However, I was always the 'bigger' one, my coaches would call me stocky. I'm about 5'4 and was then around 145lbs. I stayed active in university by running, playing soccer and lifting weights, but never really lost weight. That may have to do with habits like eating an entire box of cereal in one day... After an incredibly shitty breakup in the fall, I finally lost a decent amount of weight, but gained a little back over Christmas. Getting back on the wagon now.

Diet: My biggest struggle. Give me a 30km run any day. My entire family is overweight. I have made some improvements in the past six months, mostly by eating clean and tracking my food intake. I am tired of hiding my hard-earned muscle with fat because of poor eating. I want my appearance to reflect my fitness level. I'm currently focusing on shifting away from grains and towards healthier fats.

Fitness goals for 2012:

First triathlon in June - for someone who failed out of swimming lessons as a kid (seriously), this is big

First marathon in August - I couldn't run without tendonitis pain for years, I never thought I could run 42.2km. I ran my first 1/2 this summer

Pull-ups! And more emphasis on weight training in general

Nerd cred: Science geek (I went to international biology competition), LOTR and Star Wars fan (I have action figures in my basement from when I was 10), the list goes on...