Forums are back in action! ×

Not really a w00t, but still a "Good news everybody" moment...

My 30 metres of 25mm steel pipe arrived yesterday.

Pipe-01.jpg

Pipe-02.jpg

This weekend they are to be folded and welded into two chin up bars.

The after photos will be a w00t though...

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Oh, this thread is SO getting a photo montage in 24 hours!!!

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Due to the subject, the voice in my head was Prof. Farnsworth while reading this.

Yup mine too! I was waiting for him to say I've got to make a delivery to Ebola 9 the virus planet <.<

Can't wait to see this progress into a full blown Wooty moment Deansy, complete with full on pullupy goodness at the end :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

OK so, we kicked off pretty early, but then it just got way to hot to work in the shed with the blow torch.

So far, I have some photos though, First up, BENDER!!

Bender.jpg

(see, the Futurama bit was the theme...)

And then three photos of what has happened so far.

We have both bases folded and the first of four triangles done.

1stbase.jpg

bothbases.jpg

morebending.jpg

It was a major let down that we weren't able to complete the work.

Next week shouldn't be as hot so we should be able to get the rest done, then, the proper w00t moment.

Sort of.

We did need to heat one of the frames to take a small twist out of it.

And because the pipe is seamed, the bender was folding it. This was fine for the base frame, but we heated & air cooled the first triangle piece as a test. The test was fine, so we will need to heat the other three. The toughest bit will be shaping the ends to get a perfect joint.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't have the skills OR the equipment, just the money.

I have to give a massive shoutout to my dad, he has the skills and equipment.

He makes me things like this and I maintain his WiFi and hook up his TV & sound systems.

This weekend, we should be able to finish it all off and then I will have more photos.

So jealous. I can't wait to see the final rig in all its glory. Looks to be pretty impressive.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Wow, that's super cool. I really wish I had some kind of chinup/pullup bar. I'm currently making due with the edge of my entertainment center, but it's not really tall enough... Totally jealous.

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

UPDATE!!!

So the first one, the smaller of the two is complete.

Smallframe1.jpg

Smallframe2.jpg

As you can see that I will be able to, at the moment, do incline push ups and pull ups on it.

This will be then used to to jump over, both with hands and hands free and, hopefully, one day, to get a 3 foot vertical leap and balanced landing...

The other bit of kit I built was a board with a blue camping mat glued down with tile glue.

BlueMat.jpg

This will allow me to do floor based stuff outside without the pavers killing me.

So there we have it, Useful kit and a full w00t

Now to start Convict Conditions step 2...

Wow, that's super cool. I really wish I had some kind of chinup/pullup bar. I'm currently making due with the edge of my entertainment center, but it's not really tall enough... Totally jealous.
I have to admit, it is a pretty sweet deal to have a family of tradies. Their tools and skills are mighty helpful.
thats awesome who thought i could combine my welding skill and my effort to get in good shape
After doing a mere 4 incline pull ups, the larger 10 foot chin up bar is on hold, I am now designing a set of parallel bars that are horizontally flat, but when seen top down, they are bent.

[terrible ASCII art]

|

|

\

[/terrible ASCII art]

Like real parallel bars, but the flare out at the end will allow me to, one day(August) do pushups that end up with my chest lower than my hands!