Forums are back in action! ×

I just gotta vent...

Big hugs to everyone here dealing with health issues that are not easily diagnosed. I have to tell you you all have it a bit easier than I did years ago. First I got anxiety and panic disorder before they even knew what it was LOL and they put me on heart medications! Thank god I met someone who's wife had it after hitting someone in her car and he gave me a book to read to heal myself. Then I had lyme disease for over 8 months and just got shifted from dr. to medicine to dr. finally my dad suggested a lymes test and it was positive...then after they treated me I had many symptoms left (post lyme syndrome) but they put me on fibromyalgia drugs and tried to give me anti-depressants...I am not depressed, I am not crazy...I am in pain.

Finally, I am able to cope, but the whole trip through diagnosis and figuring out how to take care of yourself without long term unnecessary medication can be difficult. You are not alone, we are all here to support you. As for the gluten, even if you tested negative for celiac, I would suggest stopping eating it...even for folks who have no allergies, it is difficult to digest...big hugs and keep us posted~and AWD...humongous hugs to you girl....

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Yeah I just saw the GI doctor yesterday again and he was angry I refused to take the antidepressant to treat IBS. I argued with him a lot - we just don't see eye to eye on medication use. So I said I would try an anti-spasmotic I have yet to pick up from the pharmacy (energy levels have been crappy). For the most part, the pain is tolerable but I still can only eat about 800 - 900 calories a day. Paleo is really difficult because meat is so hard for me to digest right now. I have a colonoscopy scheduled in May. After that I'm just going to be done with the doctors and do the best I can on my own. It doesn't seem like they can help me.

I tried Crossfit and was surprised to find out afterwards the only thing I wanted was rare steak! That day I believe I hit my normal 1400 calories a day, but I felt like I was eating all day. So I'm thinking about continuing Crossfit. At the least maybe it will help me restore some faith in my body - I don't have a lot of that right now.

I'm also thinking about intermittant fasting. Maybe that would give my digestive system a rest in order to heal faster?

I can't add much, you've already had some excellent advice. I just wanted to encourage you to insist on that endoscopy - I had similar symptoms for years and was told that I had IBS. I eventually demanded an endoscopy and it turned out I had an ulcer that was at risk of perforating (and scars from several previous ulcers). I'd never had reflux or heartburn but I'd been secretly harbouring an incredibly acidic stomach. It was fixed within a few months of a low-fat,low-acid diet and medication. I hope you can find an equally simple solution, good luck!

I just wanted to expand on this, though I do realize it's a couple months old. Ulcers seem to be caused by and virus called H. Pylori, I used to have this, and going paleo has gotten rid of it at this point, after taking two rounds of their antibiotics... and having it return about a year later each time.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)