Forums are back in action! ×

Another n00b, yay!

Hello all. Basically, I'm here because it depresses me when I consider the number of things that I used to be able to do, that I can't any more. I was forced to quit gymnastics three years ago; I've dabbled in other sports (diving, rowing, swimming, running, and pretty soon-- hopefully-- this quidditch team), but I can't help feeling that every sport I do is just a stand-in until I get back to gymnastics. Which I am doing! In September! And I'm terrified. I'm fat and out of shape and have no flexibility left whatsoever. I can just see myself getting completely frustrated and hating myself once I finally get back to the sport I love. So, I guess my first fitness mission is Operation get-back-to-where-you-were-three-years-ago. I'm massively glad that I can do so with Nerd Fitness!

YOU CAN'T RUN FROM PIGS WITH NO GRAVITY

Easiest way to get more flexible is to stretch every day -- as I'm sure you know from your gymnastics background. :D Having excess fat only interferes a little bit, because it's literally in the way once you hit a certain point in flexibility, but I'm still more flexible than most people half my size. Don't let your size prevent you from stretching anyway!

Haha, worries about my weight are peripheral, it's not like a little excess fat actually interferes with my flexibility. Actually, I wouldn't mind gaining a little weight, if it were muscle. It's just more the factor of "ohmygod I'm gonna have to wear a leotard!" but I know I am being a little silly on that count :D

YOU CAN'T RUN FROM PIGS WITH NO GRAVITY

Hello all. Basically, I'm here because it depresses me when I consider the number of things that I used to be able to do, that I can't any more. I was forced to quit gymnastics three years ago; I've dabbled in other sports (diving, rowing, swimming, running, and pretty soon-- hopefully-- this quidditch team), but I can't help feeling that every sport I do is just a stand-in until I get back to gymnastics. Which I am doing! In September! And I'm terrified. I'm fat and out of shape and have no flexibility left whatsoever. I can just see myself getting completely frustrated and hating myself once I finally get back to the sport I love. So, I guess my first fitness mission is Operation get-back-to-where-you-were-three-years-ago. I'm massively glad that I can do so with Nerd Fitness!

Welcome to the rebellion Tei :)

Let us know how we can help!

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.