Forums are back in action! ×

Long time listener; first time caller...

Greetings from the Southwest!

I've been reading Nerd Fitness emails since May of 2011 and am finally getting on the boards. Congrats Steve on all of your accomplishments, they've been a blast to read about.

In three months and 29 days I will be 40. I'm 5'1" and I need to loose a shade over 100lbs. The little girl inside me is yelling at me that somewhere around that corner my metabolism will come to a screeching halt if I don't really get on the stick now. I've been doing an Atkins-ish/paleo-esque diet and I'm doing really well on it when I stick to it. I'm down about 15lbs in the last 2 mos.

I have next to zero work out goin' on right now. I honestly, wouldn't mind weight training. My doctor weighs me on this cool scale that gives me my bmi, bone mass, fat mass, water, muscle, etc. and an over all body type label. Once I was "sturdy" and last week I was "solidly built". I have a lot of muscle under here. I'm putting something into place as I write this and am hoping posting here will help me step up and be accountable to my personal commitment. I really like the upbeat attitudes I repeatedly see in the posts. I especially love the lack of woe!

I quit smoking July 2010, cut out all alcohol in October 2010 and caffeine in December 2010. This is my next level and I'm darn glad to be here!

I quit smoking July 2010,
Awesome!!
cut out all alcohol in October 2010
As a drinker, I cannot condone this action (but really, good on you)
and caffeine in December 2010.
That was killer for me, the headaches made me want to go back to it, but then also proved the point that caffeine isn't good inside you
This is my next level and I'm darn glad to be here!
Great work on you plan and goals!

I'm also a massive fan of the lack of naysayers here. These forums are so positive that it makes you want to change more.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level