Forums are back in action! ×

First real workout in 8 months!

I posted this on my IG two nights ago. I'm still reeling from the excitement! Not to mention, muscle soreness reaches its peak 48 hours after a workout, so I can barely move because I'm so sore. But I couldn't be happier! :)

post-48890-0-24101800-1456970576_thumb.j

This is me tonight. Exhausted, invigorated, joyful. This afternoon I reinstated my membership at the pole fitness studio up the road and signed up for a class. As soon as I did it, I got nervous! It's been 8 months since I've been on the pole. 8 long months and I've been sick for even longer than that. I actually got scared. What if I couldn't do it? What if I had to tap out halfway through and go home? How disappointed would I be when I saw how much my strength has deteriorated? But tonight, exactly 185 days since my hospitalization, I took a Pole Barre class and I didn't die! I didn't even tap out! I managed to do almost all the reps (with some difficulty). I only had to stop to catch my breath a few times. And I felt AMAZING! I'm tired and sore but I love it. After class I just sat in my car and grinned from ear to ear, tears of joy in my eyes. A year ago I could barely breathe. But now I'm on my way to who I used to be. I have a long road ahead, but tonight confirmed in my own heart that I CAN do this! I WILL do this! I found my mojo again and now, I'm unstoppable!  ;)

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

I've started recording my journey! Check out my blog here: Pulmonary Princess