Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone, just a quick introduction!

I found Nerd Fitness while browsing the internet looking for healthy meals to eat, and ways to exercise, telling myself that I'd stick to it this time for sure.  NF came up as a result with answers to many of the questions I looked up and I've been hooked ever since.

I've been reading the book, and I'm currently working my way through the Academy and I'm so excited about the journey ahead!

In the few months I've been following NF I feel like it's already made such an impact on me.  I've only lost about 5lb so far, but the way I look at what I eat and understanding how the different foods I put in my body affects me and why has really helped me when it comes to making my food choices. 

When I took my before weight and measurements, my weight had reached its peak at 309lb. I vowed never to see that number again.

My goal is to lose approximately 159 pounds (154 now! :D ) and to become healthy and fit.  I'm slowly but surely getting closer and closer everyday.

I'm so excited to become a part of the community and make friends with other people with similar goals and similar nerdy interests! :)

• Like 2

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

How are you liking the Academy so far? I am thinking about starting it but am still a little unsure. I have read the Level up your Life book and I frequent the site to read new blog posts and what not but am wondering if I should pay for the Academy. I have tried losing weight and getting in better shape on my own without any particular plan but I have been unsuccessful so I am thinking I might join the Academy to have a better plan.

Good luck on your journey and congrats on your first 5 pounds! :encouragement:

• Like 1

Cire Lee

Level 1 Ankyloid Assassin

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 4|CON 4|WIS 0|CHA 1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

How are you liking the Academy so far? I am thinking about starting it but am still a little unsure. I have read the Level up your Life book and I frequent the site to read new blog posts and what not but am wondering if I should pay for the Academy. I have tried losing weight and getting in better shape on my own without any particular plan but I have been unsuccessful so I am thinking I might join the Academy to have a better plan.

Good luck on your journey and congrats on your first 5 pounds! :encouragement:

Thank you!! :D

I really like the academy so far, though I've only gotten through just a bit, mostly the modules at this point. But the modules are very informative and explains things to me in a way that helps me understand it better.

It has a one-on-one feel to it if that makes any sense. I can tell a lot of hard work and dedication went into it and I like having a set plan, knowing what I need to do and when, it feels much more organized that way.

I'm a big fan of the idea of having quests too. It gives me something to focus on and helps me stay motivated. Right now I'm working on the quest of keeping a food log of everything I eat and drink for 30 days.

I chose the option to create a private Instagram account and take pictures of every single thing I eat, that way when it comes to grazing/snacking I have to ask myself 'is this really worth going through the trouble to take a picture and upload it?' And more often than not, the answer is no.

Another thing I enjoy is the incredibly helpful and supportive private Facebook group for Academy members. There's one for men and one for women, and while I can't speak for the men's group, the women's group is amazing and everyone is so supportive of each other, it's one of my favorite parts of the academy. :)

So at this point, I'm loving it, it's already helped me a lot and I see myself being very successful if I stick to it :)

Sorry if some of that didn't make sense, I've been sick so my brain is still a little scrambled. 😛

• Like 1