Forums are back in action! ×

Help on working out how to get to my Level 50 goal please

Hi guys!

I recently bought the 'Level Up Your Life' book to give me a kick start and actually do some Nerdfitness stuff.

I just need a bit of help working out where and how to start. When I read the book, I came up with an epic level 50. I am aiming for the Valkarie class, which I made up because Steve made up Troubadour. Not the whole walking through battlefields part, but the horse riding and weapon fighting and general cool stuff.

My stumbling block is starting. I'm currently working with a chronic chest pain condition, controlled with medication but about to incorporate some CBT style strategies, and a largely sedentary lifestyle. I do have a horse, but we're in the retraining process so while I can ride her it means I'm not Sticking To The Damn Plan. It does mean we do a lot of groundwork though and that's walking :)

I broke it down into Druid, for the balance and physical control, and Ranger for the balance of strength and endurance. I also thought of adding in a paragon tier goal of horse archer, so I have a progress marker.

The problem is I just don't know how to start practically. I'm up to about 30mins deliberate incidental walking a day, and I've got a Tai Chi for beginners dvd because nothing runs when I'm free locally. I've managed to do the Qi Gong section without issues, but my stamina is a bit shot because breathing has been an issue for a bit now.

Any advice on how to work out some more immediate goals, or some additional along-the-way goals? I'm new to using goal setting this way, so any and all help is appreciated.

Dawnwings