Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from the Windy City

Hi! I'm Laurenji. I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a couple months now and I'm starting to get more serious about getting in shape. Right now I'm one of those weak skinny girls that can't lift anything, and I'd really like to change that. I've been working out for a month or so, but I've realized that without people to be acountable to, I'm probably not going to push myself very hard. I recently accepted a challenge from my little brother that we're both going to be able to do 50 pushups by the time his school year is over (so, end of May). I think it's a good start, but I need more goals and more people to help me be accountable.

I don't have a lot of money or a lot of fitness equipment, so for the time being, I'm seeing how far I can get with just bodyweight exercises and 8lb dumbells.

Anyways, I'm really excited to be here and hopefully with a little accountability from everyone here I can get better at pushing myself. Cheers!

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End