Forums are back in action! ×

Zombies

Guest Gemeaux

That would be even cooler if they had a way to add in some zombie shooting. You don't really appreciate the weight of firearms and ammo until you lug them 25 miles or so.

I picture this as some guy running with a firearm and pointing it at invisible zombies.. I'm not sure the local law enforcement with appreciate that idea of fitness. Haha

over the last few months I've greatly increased my endurance levels. I now focus to better my performance at my job as a firefighter. I started yesterday doing a 12 minute mile on air with my SCBA or self-contained breathing apparatus (In layman's terms: breathing through an air tank.) The pack weighs about 25lbs (only 5lbs more then what I have lost in the last 2 months. Woot!) It's a noticeable difference and to keep a pace at 12minutes was tough. It was a great way to change up my run and focus on breathing. The bottles we use hold about 35minutes of air at a working breathing rate. My goal was to control my breathing and use only 75% of the bottle. That would give me nearly 19 minutes of good breathing time. Which would be realistic in the event of a fire. My dept always uses 25% of the air for exiting a fire.

My end results where:

1mile in 12minutes

Air used: 88%

Need some work but I know I can get to 75%.

Transformassacre Challenge

Current Goal: Weigh in at 200lbs or lower by May 2nd

Current Specs: 205lbs, ?? body fat (April 12th 2012)

Long term Goal:

-Meet a body fat percentage of 10% or lower by Sept 1st

-Be able to finish

Tough Mudder on Sept 8th

The app looks awesome, well getting it.. well, when/if it goes down in price but referring to an earlier point, about the zombie 5k run? I know there's a lot of those in America, zombie walks etc, but are there any in Britain? I keep stumbling American ones but none in the UK, anybody know? That's running you can get involved with all guns blazing.