Forums are back in action! ×

No Reason to Wait... It's Go Time!

I think we've all been there. We lose our way and think, "It's okay. I'll just wait until XYZ happens and then I can start again." Well, I'm tired of waiting.

Last time we saw our hero....

I was overweight after the birth of Hero-in-Training #4. I gained about 45lbs during her pregnancy, and even put some more on after she was born. I stopped any sort of workout and ate all the junk I denied myself normally. I was working full time and still working on my RN-BSN program. I kept thinking that once I graduated things would calm down and I could start focusing on my fitness. Well, I graduated last August (cum laude, thank you very much) but Life foiled my plans. I miscarried right before graduation, Supreme-Partner-for-Life was hospitalized for a week, and work continued to be crazy. Since last August I've been slowly changing some habits, but haven't made a major commitment.

Our Story Begins...

Recently I was diagnosed with multiple food allergies (wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame). It actually has been a huge lifeline. How awesome is it I can't run into the grocery store and buy junk food? Eating out all the time. Not going to happen. Almost everything has soy or a soy product. The snacky stuff I can have is a. hard to find and b. expensive. It was the wake-up I needed to get my diet back in line and start feeding myself and my Heros-in-Training a better diet. Supreme-Partner-for-Life is a major junk foodie, but he's open to eating healthier. I'm working on getting our meals healthier before working on decreasing the snack food he brings into the house. After all, I'm allergic to most of it and he doesn't give it to the kids. We've rediscovered how absolutely sweet fruit and raisins are.

So here I stand, ready to take the plunge and turn my bad habits around. No reason to wait until Hero-in-Training #5 arrives in July. No need to wait until I stop working to open my very own Hero Academy (aka homeschool). Today is a good day to thrive.

• Like 1

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome