Forums are back in action! ×

After a year of intermittent travel, three month total away from home accompanied by an unfortunate return to drinking and poor dietary habits I believe I am finally back on track post a few false starts.

Sleep I think I'm beginning to correct, insomnia plagued my younger years and I noticed a disturbing creep back to around 2-3 hours of sleep a night if any at all. I've managed to build it back up to five to six hours a night, with the occasional bout of sleeplessness.

Lifting... not where I was for sure on the bench, and my chinups/pullups have suffered but my deadlift has gone up at least! My lower back has recovered, but my calluses have definitely softened with a tear stopping me short of a PR on my final set weekend past. Four lifting sessions a week has always worked for me in the past, I've dialed this back to three sessions a week with more cardio thrown in. About to start phase two of a four phase program aimed at correcting my particular postural issues.

After a jocular conversation with my sister and brother in law regarding Tough Mudder, they went ahead and unexpectedly bought us all tickets without realising the extent of what awaited us.Two odd months to go! It's not the obstacles that worry me, it's the 18 odd kilometer run I'm not looking forward to. One of nature's long distance runners I am not, I downloaded the Zombies Run! couch to 5k app and am quite enjoying the voice acting. My only complaint is the lack of integration with Spotify.

I've also taken up Krav Maga, great conditioning for the groin I assure you. Successfully graded to P1 two weekends ago, and will be continuing on. Three hours of training every Monday, absolutely brutal cloth soaking masochism. Post Tough Mudder I'll likely up it to two sessions a week, kicking back running.

Flexibility has definitely increased, aided by the new program accompanied by physio and a shift to cardio/Krav. Hell I actually managed what could be best described as a snap kick to head height yesterday, the guy may have only been 5ft7 but it still counts damnit!

Keeping this momentum up, and fixing my sleep patterns are going to be key. Looking forward to the jumping on the next challenge, previously I would've run with the Warrior guild but I'm unsure if that would be the correct choice now.

Level 2  Mul Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 1.5
Challenges : 1 2