Forums are back in action! ×

Workout at Park!

This may not be much of a woot for some,but for me it was a big deal. I have been very self conscious about doing my bodyweight exercises in front of anyone. I felt foolish, cause , well, I'm no bodyrock star, I'm just a normal, out of shape gal trying to get in shape. It took me a while to even get the nerve up tp do my exercises in the backyard, cause you never know someone may see me:smug:

Well, today I was out for a walk. It was a gorgeous sunny day and even warm. I figured I'd walk and then come home and do my bodyweight exercises. But, our backyard has lots of trees and is pretty shaded. DUring my walk, I stopped at the park. It was warm, and sunny, and I didn't want to head home. There was one mommy there with her two little kids. And I thought, really, is that mommy going to care how many push ups I do, or if I don't have good form (some of my worries with doing exercises around people) No, I don't think she'll even notice me. And so, I did my inclines on the bench, and my bulgarian squats using the bench. I started getting shaky on the squats and almost slipped and felt stupid. But you know what? The mommy was playing with her kids and really was not interested in what I was doing, I did step-ups on the garden wall, and then stretched.

It was fun. Whenever you see youtube videos of people working out at the park , it is usually buff guys. But maybe I'll start a trend of nerd 40 year old women doing incline push ups on the park bench!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Great Scott!!

That's more than a woot, that's a W00t!!! This means that you can workout in the park, in the sun all the time, working out will be more fun and you'll be dosing up on Vit D!!

I wouldnt worry too much about being a 40y/o girl nerd working out, if you keep this up, people will start to stare at the hot cougar working out in the park!!

(Can I get away with calling you a cougar??)

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Maybe more ppl, mainly women who are also nervous to exercise in front of ppl, will join you and you can have a park workout group

That would be cool!

@Deansy: Oh sure you can call me a couagar. I'm sure that's exactly what I looked like in my baggy sweats and old t-shirt.LOL

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27