Forums are back in action! ×

PvP wanted: Bodyweight racing partner

You know why this hasn't been updated? It's not because I have't been working out - I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT LIKE A MAD FIEND. My internet connection is out though, and I keep forgetting to bring my numbers to work. Suffice it to say, planks: roughly 1,000,000. Pushups: THOUSANDS. FEAR ME TOMKAI.

So, dude, I know where I am but where are you?! I'm currently BEING AWESOME in the sunshine of Southern California. You know what I did as soon as I checked into my hotel? I went and I did my bodyweight exercises! Yeah! I lunged my way around a hotel gym full of silly equipment!

I'm super sorry. I've had a roller coaster of a couple of weeks and working out hasn't been on my mind. *Insert excuses here* I've fallen horrifically behind, but I'll be at least giving this a good try to get back into it... I'll have a work out up tonight.

Edit: My lack of awesome is pitying. I've actually got a couple days up in here. Squats and lunges are still very very bad. I've done something to my knees, and I think I lost hope for winning after that happened. And I was doing so awesome with the one legged squats! :dispirited: The fight carries on, though!

Pushups: 27 31, 33, 28, 35, 32 (777)

Squats: 10, 20, 15, 24, 10, 10 (1112)

Planks: 130, 90, 93, 135, 90, 85 (2555)

Dips: 16, 20, 18, 18, 22, 20 (496)

Lunges: 20, 22, 18, 10 (867)

Revised goal: Catch up and demolish you at push ups and planks.

Okay, so you totally have a chance to win this - I've been out all week nursing what feels like a sore ovary but what is actually probably just a strained pelvic floor muscle (NO COMMENTS!) My goal is to get back to A workout tongiht but damn, I'm not doing so hot either - setbacks are part of the process, though, right?!

YAAAAARRRRR!!!!! I RETURN!!!! For serious, a bunch of stress and distraction I've had (especially over the past few weeks when I've been flaky) has just paid off to a job offer! Hopefully I can get back into my routine of kicking your butt! I hadn't had a chance to record all these online, so I'll be catching up for three work outs (I've combined the sets to workouts):

Pushups: 92, 95, 102 (1066)

Squats: 42, 40, 46 (1240)

Planks: 200, 216, 230(!) (3201)

Dips: 55, 58, 53 (662)

Lunges: 30, 30, 30 (957)

My knees are still being a little bitchy, but I think they are getting better. I'm hoping I can start charging forward on the lower body stuff in the next week. Also, I need to get back to doing 4 set exercises. I'll never catch you if I stick to 3!

Update schmupdate! I forgot to put my numbers for like, weeks. WEEKS. Blahblahblah. Anyway, here are my totals from the last few weeks - I managed to not record since the 16th or so.

Pushups: 506 (1456)

Squats: 575 (2035)

Rows: 104 (665)

Lunges: 323 (1599)

Planks: 1265 (4401)

So I'm at 50% just about everywhere - awesome. I've had the weirdest right-side lower abdominal muscle strain sort of thing going on that's made both lunges and planks AGONY. Okay, not agony, but the sort of pain that says "If you do this more it will do some tearing/damage". Anyway, getting back in the swing of things. Go me!

Pushups: 26 35 (1517)

Squats: 40 40 (2115)

Rows: 14 16 (695)

Lunges: 30 30 (1659)

Planks: 100 80 80 (4663)

I'm over 50% with everything! I'm halfway there! That said, I've not been getting in regular workouts - I need you TomKai my man! The lower abdominal muscle is still twinging at me (I strained it again sneezing!) and I'm just feeling pathetic. Basically no good excuses, but I got down and did SOMETHING today. And I'm more than halfway there! It still seems completely insurmountable, but provided I can do what I already did, but once more, I can do it!

OOOOOOK. I hope you've been working out. I've been working out. I've been demolishing this stuff (sorta). Sorry I haven't updated more. I've been travelling more than I expected (not exciting travelling, just stuff that puts me out of internet, haha). I'll update (eventually)! I just have to find my numbers first. Hopefully it doesn't take me the better part of a month to do that (seriously, that was bad). In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have suggested such an ass long number without knowing what my future held, but it's at least taught me to try to keep this stuff up on the road when I would have otherwise completely faltered.

So.... I haven't been working out... at all. I NEED YOU TO POST SO I'LL BE MODIVATED TO DO IT! That said, I'm dancing like, 6 hours a day and working in a kitchen for 12 right about now so I won't be working out in the near future... but come a week or two and I'll be back in. Let me know what your numbers look like and WE ARE SO BACK ON. We're both probably at least half-way through, so it's the final push now!

Alright. I'm tired of dropping the ball. I was doing alright, but lack of internet for an extended period kept me from posting, then I just stopped all together about a month or so ago (has it really been 2 months since I've even been on here?! :'( ). I hope you've been soldiering on without me. I'm not entirely ready to give up yet, though. If you've beaten me already, I need to pay up, otherwise, this is still going down. I'm doing a good faith set right now:

Pushups: 30

Squats: 30

Plank: 45

Dips: 13

Lunges: 20

Rows: 20

I'd been postponing this because I can't find my old numbers. I'll put in another search later tonight, but I needed to at least get a set in while it was on my mind. I'll post again (at least admitting my failure, or just acknowledging a running day) every Monday-Saturday until I beat you (unless I'm away from internet, in which I'll do my absolute best to warn you ahead of time). Every time I miss an update, I'll gift you an MP3 off Amazon. Deal?

Dude, you are probably well on your way to kicking my arse. I have TOTALLY (and not in a small way) dropped the ball. Add to that I've been sick the last three (or four) weeks and I am pitiful out of shape. OMG. We are so totally on, though - if you beat me I am down for paying up in rebel gear. It would be so well earned. That said... I'm going to jump back on that ball. In some way at least. AND ATTEMPT TO ROCK YOUR WORLD.

WABAM! So I'm a few minutes late on this one, but here it is. I'm just gonna ramp to a full work out, so just two sets today (plus its really late, as I kinda forgot).

Pushups: 27, 15

Squats: 20, 23

Plank: 60, 45

Dips: 13, 15

Lunges: 26, 10

Rows: 22, 10

I cannot find my numbers for the life of me, so if its cool with you, I'll assume I was at half way before I hit restart on Wednesday. I know I was past that on planks/push ups/dips, and I was pretty close if not past it on the lunges/squats.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MUSCLE WEAKNESS. I EAT BABY SHEEP KIDNEYS TO STAVE YOU OFF IN THE FUTURE. YOU WILL BE ROUTED LIKE THE WEAK OFFSPRING OF SPARTA. SPAAAAARRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Caps hyperbole party time. *dies some more* *Cramps up in the hamstrings* Holy crap - I can kick to head level but I am somehow dying on lunges! We'll both be back to a brutally awesome pace soon enough.

YOU'RE GONNA NEED ADULT SHEEP KIDNEYS TO BEAT ME!

In seriousness, my per set numbers for pushups and squats are gonna take a tumble this week. Since I've been lazy for so long, I think it'll be best if I focus on basic form for a couple days, so I'll be doing regular pushups and two legged squats. I can confidently pull off decline/one legged variations, but seeing how a injury slowed down my inevitable victory (INEVITABLE ROOS. YOU CANNOT STOP ME!), I'm gonna work myself in right.

Push ups: 20, 15, 10 (1617)

Squats: 30, 40, 20 (2663)

Plank: 90, 60, 45 (4845)

Dips: 13, 13, 8 (1075)

Lunges: 30, 30, 20 (2136)

Rows: 20, 21, 20

After starting the second set, I could tell my stamina was down, but DAMN, that third set was hard.

Dude, 109 is the high (BEFORE Humidity!) today. I'm going to give workout a valiant effort (seriously, I will be thinking, "BE VALIANT! EFFORT! WHURRRRRRGGH!") to get shit done around midnight tonight. Because that's when it will probably be cool enough, and I will be brainful enough, to get some shit done. Best of luck to you sirrah.

Alright, the midnight workout thing didn't really work for me. Now I know never to use it as an excuse again, because honestly, I do better in scorching heat. Only managed about a half set. :hopelessness:

Push ups: 10 (1627)

Squats: 20 (2683)

Plank: 32 (4877)

Dips: 8 (1083)

Lunges: 20 (2156)

pushups; 17 (1566)

squats: 30 (2185)

rows: 12 (719)

lunges: 30 (1729)

planks: 100 (4767)

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - managed through most of a set. One knee is bugging the HECK out of me - I gave it a jolt during dancing and it's been twingey ever since. I'm trying to take it easy on that knee but... it's not easy to do one-legged squats. :)