Forums are back in action! ×

iPhone arm band for working out?

Just wondering if anyone else here wears their iPhone on their arm while working out--and if so, what brand do you recommend? I currently use a Belkin Sport that I'm not very fond of. My main complaints are that my phone won't fit into it unless I first remove the case (the relatively slim Griffin Reveal), and that it has a snap closure instead of velcro, which I would prefer for a tighter fit. Any tips on a replacement? I'd also love to have something with a more secure key pocket--this one lets the key hang out in a way that makes me positive I'll lose it in a gutter somewhere, and my key will ultimately wind up living in the sewer with the Ninja Turtles.

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

OK, I take it there is not the pressing demand for this that I thought there was!

Nevertheless, I'll report my findings for posterity:

The Arm Pocket Sport i-20.

It looks awesome! Fits the phone in its case (though I don't think it could handle, say, an Otterbox), and also has a nice pocket-y space for keys, gym membership cards, etc. AND it has the velcro arm band, available in two sizes to ensure the right fit. To boot, it's waterproof and comes in pink. I am at peace.

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

I've got a pretty good one, it stays on well and doesn't get annoying when I sweat or get pinchy. It seems like it meets all your criteria - velcro, good key pocket, fits over a case (at least my case, which is an incase Snap case). Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what one it is, and it's at home and I'm at work. :) I'll update when I am home and have access to it!

Update: Here we go! No wonder I couldn't remember the name... it's the soundKASE from Scosche (Amazon link). I don't even know how to pronounce that. But it's been good for the last year, and I got it for $30 from wal-mart. :)

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr