Forums are back in action! ×

Hilarious thing heard at the gym

Got to the gym and was worried it was going to be crowded. Lots of cars, but only a couple of people in the cardio area, which means the rest in the back where the freeweights are.

I see the gym owner/manager back there with a few training clients. One woman is standing next to the cage, and it appears it was setup for squats with just the bar. She moves away to go do something else.

I get back there and ask the guy if he was done with the cage.

He replies "It's all yours...in fact, I should put your name on it".

I laugh, and say "Oh yeah?"

He replies "Yeah, I hate that thing".

"Why?", I ask.

"Because I'm a candy ass".

If I hadn't swallowed my water, it would have come out my nose. This guy has actually competed in various bodybuilding/fitness shows and is ripped. I've never seen him on the freeweights, though...he'll do some dumbbell work, but otherwise does a lot of machine/cable sets.

He went on to explain that he hates how unsteady he is in squats, overhead, etc.

I found his honesty refreshing. No nonsense about squatting below parallel is bad for the knees, or overhead being bad for the shoulders...just "I'm a candy ass".

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

I got laughed at today for doing Deadlifts.

Real kicker was the two guys laughing were doing chest flys with like 15kg dumbbells while I was lifting 90kg (~200lb) on the bar.

:o I don't know what a chest fly is, but the only people I know who do deadlifts (besides some people on here) are crossfitters. Them people is crazy!

I got laughed at today for doing Deadlifts.

Real kicker was the two guys laughing were doing chest flys with like 15kg dumbbells while I was lifting 90kg (~200lb) on the bar.

I can do 15kg chest flys, and I'm a weak little girl. You should tell them that the next time they make fun of you for doing deadlifts :)

:o I don't know what a chest fly is, but the only people I know who do deadlifts (besides some people on here) are crossfitters. Them people is crazy!

chest fly!

https://hvelink.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/library/healthguide/en-us/images/media/medical/hw/h9991522_001.jpg

deadlifts = way more badass :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”