Forums are back in action! ×

Fed up of being sick!

Hey guys,

Although I never thought I'd say it, I am going out of my mind because I'm not able to do any exercise right now. I have acute bronchitis (chest infection) so I'm coughing/spluttering everywhere and have severely diminished lung capacity right now. Obviously, this means cardio is a no-no (a slow walk is a push right now) but I'm really hating not being active - especially since I just got all my routine figured out at the gym.

I know it's important to rest and get better, but I can practically feel the fat padding on around my middle! Any suggestions for something I can do without KOing myself?

I can do a little core work, but I'm working on the theory I'll probably manage no more than one set of 6-10 reps at a time, depending on the exercise.

Thanks in advance!! xo

Planks.

Steady slow breathing and just hold them.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Taking care of your overall health is much more important in the long run and bronchitis, if not taken care of can turn into pneumonia! Doing deep breathing exercises and planks would be a good idea, compressing the chest to get the phlem out also key. I would add in maybe some daily stretching and if you can manage, major muscle group isometrics just so things stay "engaged" Best of luck feeling better soon!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I hear ya! I have had bronchitis about once a year for the last 5 years...Hoping my efforts to improve my diet and immune system mean that I make it this year without it because it took months to stop coughing! After the acute phase, I found that walking helped me...I found that I wouldn't cough when I was warmed up and walking! So, maybe you can gradually work up your time on your slow walks as you recover and gradually work in the other elements of your routine. Get plenty of rest and fluids! Hope you feel better soon.