Forums are back in action! ×

So a lot has happened since I posted here last. I graduated NP school, moved to NYC and will be starting a new job next month. I have been so focused on making the dream of moving to NY possible that I have put my health on the back burner. 

So I am looking to get back into it. And trying again. I don't have a gym membership. Obviously the gyms in ny are way out of my price range. So I am looking for cheap. Also a I have never been a cook. I don't even know if you can lose weight while eating out like we do. 

I am a member of the academy. Do people find it helpful to start from scratch on there and undoing all he quests?? 

Any tips are welcome! 

I thought about undoing the NFA quests and starting from scratch, but ultimately decided not to. I worked hard at completing those, and I might have to grind a bit to reach the next quest, but I'd rather do that. 

I recommend tracking what you eat on myfitnesspal or something similar. That way you can figure out the healthier options when you're eating out.

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30

They have YMCA everywhere and those are the cheapest public gyms I know of.  They also bill on a sliding scale, if you're poor they will let you in cheap.  Or you could work out at home.

It is possible to lose weight while eating out, but if you can't afford a gym then you REALLY can't afford to eat out all the time.  So yes, it is time to learn to cook :)  Start with learning to cook easy things like spinach.  Learn to make tuna salad, scramble an egg, etc.  Try raw meat when you're a little more confident around a stove.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

It is possible to lose weight while eating out, but if you can't afford a gym then you REALLY can't afford to eat out all the time.  So yes, it is time to learn to cook :)

This right here.  I found that once I stopped spending so much time with people who wanted to constantly go out to eat and drink and started making an effort to cook more, not only did I start saving more money which I've been able to put towards time at the gym, but I've been improving in my health and fitness goals exponentially, and thus my confidence has also skyrocketed.

Invest in a crockpot.  Easy, healthy cooking.

Also, I know NY has a lot of parks.  Look up playground/park workouts, they're tons of fun!

• Like 1