Forums are back in action! ×

Fat or water?

Hello! I'm a 18 year old guy, new to these forums. I've been following the Rebel Fitness Guide for a week now, with the workouts and also about 80% paleo (sometimes I eat rice or noodles), and I've been noticing that my love handles are shrinking in size, along with my chest fats, quite significantly. This is especially so with my love handles. I used to be able to grab them with my hands full, now less so. My chest too looks less protruding when I stand side view in front of a mirror. However, my face shape didn't change much and my weight only decreased by about half a kg, so I've been wondering, are the things I'm losing water or fats, and why is the change quite drastic even though my weight didn't change much? Thanks so much!

Especially with a paleo diet, your numbers on the scale aren't necessarily the best indicator of progress. If you're working out as well, you'll be adding muscle, which is denser than fat, and will increase your weight even though your losing fat. The best way to track progress is looking in the mirror and, if you have the equipment, body fat measurements.

Good luck!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

In a week?

Noticable physical appearance changes in that short of a timescale have little to do with body composition.

You are probably seeing the after effects of exercise, that is your muscles stay at an increased size and tight for a few days following exercise, a temporary condition.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!