Forums are back in action! ×

My Journey Starts Here

Hello everyone, my name is David. I am a new member to the site but I'm very interested in fitness. About a year and a half ago I weighed close to 360 pounds. My body was in horrible shape with a very high fat percentage and not only was I having issues with blood pressure and cholesterol but my back was also hurting all the time from carrying so much weight. It got to the point where walking into the supermarket for simple groceries was incredibility difficult. I felt incredibly ashamed and alone. I had a moment where I knew if I didn't change my ways this weight would eventually break me mentally and physically and could end up killing me eventually. I got an anytime fitness membership and started going on the treadmill 5 days a week for 10 minutes a day as that's all my legs could stand. I kept at it though and within two months I could keep adding time and incline as my body started to improve. I also went cold turkey on all sugar and soda, I also went slow with cutting down my portions. As I started losing weight I kept making changes to my diet and using the fitness app to keep track of my calories (changing Italian bread for wheat, having apple slices instead of chips, etc.) and adding more difficult exercises at the gym (weights, curls, stair press, etc.) Within 3 months I was under 300 pounds, I kept gradually losing weight more slowly then I would have liked but I kept focused and hit 270 at the 9 month mark. Within that time I ran my first 5k and completed within an hour. In the last six months, I have signed up with soilderfit and have been attending 3-4 days a week doing much more extreme exercise (it's like crossfit), over the last six months I have become so much more invested in how fitness really works as I see how my body responds to these changes. I love developing new techniques and seeing how much stronger I can become, every day I love being able to do more and more. Today I have never felt stronger and love learning new techniques and new nutrition tips as I continue to improve my mind and body. Today I am proud to say I weigh 219 pounds with a fat percentage of 25%, I've never felt prouder when I bought my first Large shirt and 36 size pants, but I also know I'm not close to done and can't wait to take this further:-)

• Like 1