Forums are back in action! ×

Dating Sites

On the topic of paid vs free sites, be wary. When you stop paying your subscription (usually out of frustration at the complete lack of replies) you'll magically receive a message or wink after a couple of weeks. Needless to say, to view the message or see who winked at you, you'll need to renew your subscription.

I'm incredibly leery of any service whose stated goal is to end my relationship with them (ie. find a partner) billing on a chronological basis (monthly subscription, for example) - it seems in their best interest to string me along as long as possible.

Personally I've had some success with PlentyofFish, but like life, you get out what you put in.

Best wishes,

Yeah, I'm a dude...haha. And congrats on the awesome date, it sounds like a great way to spend an evening!

I'm definitely down for a geeky girlfriend, so it looks like I should stick with okcupid. I's naturally pretty creative, so my plan's just to message tons of people and see who messages me back (go out with guns blazing so to speak). Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences & advice!

I'm coming in super late to this conversation, but I had to say, I've met pretty much all my friends/dates of the past few years on the internet, and a couple on OKC.

A few years back I met a pretty zany awesome supersmart aspiring world dominator. Over time we realized we didn't have a ton of chemistry beyond being friends, but on one of our dates, I met a coworker of his and ended up in my super longterm current relationship. So even if you don't find a great romantic match online, you might find one through them!