Forums are back in action! ×

hey guys, hope your all well?!

bit about me: im a mechanical engineer, i play rugby and love everything outdoors.

ive spent the last hour on break at work reading through the site and i wanna give the paelo diet a try.

just a couple of questions.....

1)will the diet be enough to sustain the physical demand of rugby 3 times a week?

2)I know this one is probably obvious, but are protein shakes allowed

3) any tips :)

Hey,

No hugely insightful advice on Paleo (let's just say I'm not a fan)... but YAY RUGBY! I'm of the opinion that the basics of paleo (more vegetables and reasonable quantities of meat, less shite) are okay, but there's a hell of a lot of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo around the restrictions.

1. Theoretically, you can eat enough to sustain almost anything on Paleo... you just have to tailor it to your needs. You don't say what your other activity levels are like and whether you do S&C etc for rugby as well as the standard match training (Tuesday/Thursday?) and actual match on a Saturday?

2. Not really, if you mean whey, but people still have them. There are some Paleo protein shakes out there, if you're desperate.

3. Eat more veg, enjoy protein, go easy on the deep-fried Mars Bars, and eat an amount of food appropriate to your goals. ;) 

Whereabouts are you from?

Hope that's helpful...

Sundae

very helpful thanks :) i wasnt a fan of it before i read about it properly now im swaying more toward it if i can stick to it will be the hardest thing lol

im origianlly from a little village called whithorn in dumfries and galloway now i live in hereford down south haha

miss scotland :(