Forums are back in action! ×

So, where's that exhaust shaft, rebels?!?

Yeah, hello... Just a greenhorn on board, please, no need for that standing ovations... No, really... Don't... Stop... Please, calm down... Yeah. Good... Thank you...

Call me Alessan, since my name is of no real meaning to you all, and I really like that G.G. Kay's character... So, I'll stick with it...

I'm here just because I was googling for some advices on weight lifting, proper diet and so on, and this place (the whole Nerd Rebellion stuff) is by far the funniest... And I like funny things.

I haven't take time to look into other introductions, so I don't know what to say... Most probably I should stick to the boards topic:

I'm really skinny :o

No, really, I am... I'm petit... :shock:

I have an ego that can move mountains (or at least fill a really big cave inside of that mountain), so I leave an impression of a much bigger guy, but I'm really a very small guy :?

So, I'm 5' 7'' tall and I weight some 132 lbs.

Impressive, right? WRONG!!!

I need to gain some 15 to 18 lbs. and I really really need all the advice I can get. So, I'm here... If those advices will be delivered in a humoruos manner ( in a funny way ??? ) - all the better.

Thank you for your attention, and... No, no, please, stop with the claping, no... Oh, damn... Yeah... Thank you. Kindly. Bye, ya all...

"Live hard, die hard and love hard in between. 'Cuz tomorrow ain't promised and today is slipping away..."

Great post I love it.

Getting big requires a lot of eating, seriously move your hand to your mouth (with food in hand) at least every 2 to 3 hours, and some serious weight lifting unless of course you just want to get fat?

Damn, my hands are sore now, way to enthusiastic with the clapping.

Thanks for the warm welcome (but, where's the brass band??? ), thanks for the pat on the back, I really appreciate it...

I'm eating a lot (I'm eating right now, while we're on the subject), and I'm busting my chops in the gym (just started again after some 3 years), so knowing my metabolism - I'll be on the next checkpoint pretty soon. I still do need to plan the checkpoints, but I'll get there... :)

Thanks for the links, I like Chaos&Pain since they're not on the "GOMAD" wagon with everybody. I just hate milk, can't stand the smell nor the taste... And they post great photos (Tera Patrick included), and they are funny. I'm at least mildly amused. :)

See ya all!

"Live hard, die hard and love hard in between. 'Cuz tomorrow ain't promised and today is slipping away..."

I gotta be honest, man. I have the exact opposite issue from you. I gain muscle without trying, and I'm both 3 inches shorter than you and 8 lbs heavier. Thus, I dunno how much practical advice I can give, but I can definitely cheer you on!

Welcome aboard, recruit!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Well... Hi there, ya all...

I'm back at the camp. And I don't have any good news at all...

I'm hitting 30 this September. And my metabolism has finally started to slow down recently... Which would be a good thing, if it wasn't for my lack of time and will to use that new power for good... I was always skinny... And my main concern during workouts was picking up the body-mass... And now...

Now...

Now i have some issues with my waist, my belly isn't flat any more and it's bothering me... Listen... I have a body-fat ratio of 16% O.O

I was always a 10-12% guy, come on, body, WTF?!? I feel betrayed, and it's my fault, I know...

And, yeah, I'm still 5'7'', and now I have 140lbs - but those lbs are not placed very well... I'm so out of shape...

So, I'm back for advices and to enjoy your company... Nice to see you all... My goal - 150lbs and body-fat in the range of 10-12% , getting in shape, and looking great, okay? Okay. Let's get on it, then...

Cheers, everybody!

What are your current eating and exercise habits? If we start there, I bet we can figure out how to get you to your 150lbs, 10-12%!

My eating habits haven't changed... I eat a lot, I love meat, potatoes, some vegetables and fruit, I never eat chips, unhealthy snacks and so on... I guess I'll just have to eat more fruit, less fat, and drink more water and vitamins...

And, yeah, I have just started again on my old workout plan, I'll post it somewhere... A gym drill 4-5 times a week should do the trick, right? ;)

Hi! Welcome back to the rebellion then...I'll admit, Elves are frickin' cool, I'm kind of jealous. If I wasn't already a badass who would kick an elves ass in a fight ;)

BTW, extra points for the awesome intro. I couldn't stop laughing!

As for weight gain, I'd say starting strength and 12 eggs a day or so in addition to what you're eating. At least, if you're not going to do gomad. Basically, lots of squats, deadlifts, and tons of food. Preferably Meat, sweet potatoes, veggies, and eggs. And lots of butter to cook it in :)

What are your current eating and exercise habits?

Once upon the time... I received a gift... It was a great workout plan made by my friend, King Kenneth McKenzie of Aeria (his made up name, of course).

King Ken was a gym freak, some 5 years into weight lifting and he made me a good all-round schedule that I was following and it was going great for 5 months (I've gained some 7kg of muscles, and I've looked AWESOME), so I'm going to write it down here (with some translation issues, I bet), for everyone to see how I have started. Here comes...

***DEAR LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MY FRIENDS OF NERD REBELLION...***

***I present you... The one and only... ***

***KING KEN'S WORKOUT SCHEDULE!!!***

Monday - "Streighten up your back, rebel!"

Deadlift - Bulgarian - 5 series

LAT machine - 4 series

Barbell rows - 3 series

Dumbell rows - 3 series

Barbell curls - 5 series

Knee raises - 5 series

Tuesday - "Chest out, stomach in!"

Bench press - 4 series

Dumbell Fly - 3 series

Dips - 4 series

Skullcrushers - 3 series

Triceps streching - 3 series

Wednesday - "Rest now, my friend"

Thursday - "The weight of the world lies upon your shoulders, boy..."

Military press - 6 series

Upright rows - 3 series

Lateral raises - 3 series

Crucifix raises - 3 series

Friday - "Run, rebel, run!!!"

Lunges - a lot of them

Squats - 5 series

Goodmornings - 3 series

Calf raises - 5 series

Saturday - "The weekend is for fun, my young apprentice"

Sunday - "Sunday is pure R'n'R, little grasshopper"

So there you go, each training is somewhere around an hour long, you have 3 days off, drink a lot of water, vitamins and grape sugar, eat and sleep well and you will have results... Pick up the weight and the pressure every other week, I think.

Any comments are welcome. And if anyone feels the need to move this post to some other forum - give it a go ;)