Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit from New England

Hello Folks.

I'm a 54 year old father of 3. I've been a lifelong fitness junkie. Played soccer in HS and College. Was a competitive runner in the 80's. Did a 2:51 marathon many moons ago. Did triathlons and bike races in the 90's and stopped competing as my kids got older and my body started breaking down. I continued to ride for a while until I got tendonitis in my shoulder. Turned back to running until my arches started to fall and my lower back pain slowed me to a crawl.

A year and a half ago my wife gave me the Insanity DVD's for my birthday. I've been doing the routines over and over since then. Now, I don't look any different but I feel much better. My core was a vast wasteland before I started. It's still pretty sad but it's better. Lately I've been looking for alternatives. I did put together some pvc parallettes to try a little gymnastic type training (I suck) and tried a visit to a pull up bar my son uses (I really suck). Then I found this rebel site.

My goal is to create my own version of Insanity where I can rotate exercises of my choosing through and work more completely all areas of my body and have more fun doing it. I'd like to incorporate some strength training as well. I'm not much for gyms but I need a bit of guidance. I look forward to the journey and sharing my results.

Yours in fitness...