Forums are back in action! ×

115 Royal Burpee Challenge - You in?

Hmmm... little bummed I missed this one. Wondering if I could catch up. Let's see... 6670 Burpees total. Today... April 6th, is doing 56 per day. Oof... I don't know if I could catch up with that.

Hey Rooks,

I just saw this thread. I'm game to start a round of it if you want a workout buddy.

Regards,

P

And... I'm out. Halfway through today's burpees I'm listening to my knees creak and crackle and feeling them ache and I decided to stop abusing them day after day, they just don't like all the jumping. I thought my retorn rotator cuff would have been what stopped me. Mostly though, I have grown to hate burpees and it is making me dread my workout.

Keep up the good work Maegs and everyone else still working on the challenge.

I feel your pain. Better to stop than to damage anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Hey Rooks,

I just saw this thread. I'm game to start a round of it if you want a workout buddy.

Regards,

P

You know what? What the hell? Can't win if you don't try right. I'm in. I'll have to do like 120 per day from now until the end, but why not. We'll see how many I can do tonight.

You know what? What the hell? Can't win if you don't try right. I'm in. I'll have to do like 120 per day from now until the end, but why not. We'll see how many I can do tonight.

Right. Just 12 sets of 10 throughout the day. And feelin' like a boss when you finish.

I'm going to buy the shirt and burn it if I don't finish. Accountability.

See you at the finish!

EDIT: Actually, I just ran the numbers. (115^2) = (13,225/59 [days between now and end]) = 225 burpees/day, with either a taper toward the end or a short last day. I'll still make the attempt. After all, there's a shirt on the line that advertises that I do painful things for fun.

EDIT AGAIN: Disregard that. I did the laddering calculation, not the "straight to the top" calculation. (115^2 - 1^2 + 115+ 1)/2 = 6670/59 = 113/day with a slightly harder last day.