Forums are back in action! ×

You never know till you try

I'm doing the 100 pushup challenge, even though I've never done a real pushup. Never, in 44 years. So I'm doing the challenge using the pushups against a table or weight bench (which was an improvement over doing them against the wall like I used to.) Well, the other day, after Week 4/Day 2, it occurred to me that maybe I COULD do a pushup, but I didn't know, never having tried. SO after my regular 100 pushup workout, I dropped to my knees and did 10 from the knees ("Girl style" as my ex-husband used to say) and then, thinking, maybe I could do even better, I pushed my legs out and DID 3 REAL PUSHUPS. For reals. So, all this time, I've been thinking "I can't do those" and I totally could. I'm thinking of starting over with day 1 of the challenge and doing them the real way...

that is awesome... my best stuff comes from not being afraid to try stuff after taking appropriate precautions... and i'm 41 so it's great to see someone around my age with this mentality... it's not just for the kids... level up...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Good work!!

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level