Forums are back in action! ×

Excited to be here!

Hey all. The other night I was looking at the fitness section of Pinterest and someone had posted Spezzy's before\after picture. I landed here. I had already been looking into the Paleo diet and was drawn into the nerdness of this site.

My name is Deanna. I'm a systems analyst in healthcare and a mom to two kids under five. About 6 months ago the hospital I work at decided to have a biggest loser contest. Despite a foot injury, I decided to join. I figured at 5'7" and 192 pounds I needed to lose the weight, but the money was also really good inspiration. Another reason I worked hard is because ... well because I wanted IT to kick some user ass. We take so much flack from them so I wanted to rob them of their money. ;) After three months of low carbing, light cardio on my bike catching up on some netflix shows and starting working with a kettlebell I managed to win the contest and drop 32 pounds. I also formed a nice little support group at work. It's been a few months since and I've managed to maintain but have been a little lost when it comes to how to work out and how to continue.

I'm here hoping to find inspiration, motivation and some instruction. =) My goal is to be in better shape when I turn 40 in a couple years than I was when I turned 30. I have a crazy bucket list of healthy things that I *really* want to do. Rock climbing, half marathon... bring it on.

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused: