Forums are back in action! ×

Kitten trying to become (slightly) wild(er) cat!

Hello!

I've been receiving the emails for a while and yesterday I thought: Hey, why not joining the Forum?

Being from Germany, the Camp is not really an option, sadly, but this is great, too :)

Anyway, let's see...

I'm female, 27, work as a German teacher for immigrants (thankfully, not a job where I sit down much), and my hobbies are reading, writing, watching TV shows and nerding about those.

As you can see, very sedentary hobbies :D

In January I clocked in at 105,1 Kilo (that's 231.2 lbs). And from one day to the other I just decided... No. Dunno why, just happened.

I strapped on my Fitbit (a Flex then, upgraded to the Alta by now), started with a goal of 7000 steps, but changed that to 10k very soon. I lost 6 Kilo in just those first 3 weeks, managed to not eat any sweets for 2 of those...

Well. Before Easter, I clocked in minus 12 (26.4 lbs), then I went on a mini vacation, my eating became shit again (not that I didn't have problems before...) and now I gained some back, but I'm trying to lose that again. The goal is to be at around 80 or 85 Kilo (176-187 lbs) by the middle of July. Here's hoping.

I'm walking my steps, some days I can't force myself to do more or even that.

I joined a Fitness-Kickboxing class (went twice by now, third time today!) and boy, is that fun.

I took out the Inline Skates for the first time in... 7 years?

I try to do body strength training and while I once managed 500 sit ups in a day, now it's 50 in 2 minutes but that still makes me kinda proud...

I have a big living room, so while I still watch way too many shows, I do it while I walk through the room :D

My biggest problem is the food. A friend has tried in vain to convince me of Paleo years ago - I'm too in love with my carbs :D - so I'm counting calories. Trying to stay at around 1.500. And while my portions are going down and I eat way less pizza... I just can't get back to those two weeks were chocolate is the last thing on my mind. It's back. And I can't leave it alone.

So.

That's me.

Be my friends?

• Like 1

Welcome welcome welcome!

Always happy to see metric weights and measures. ;) Silly 'Murican measurements make no sense!

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with counting calories as long as you're looking at your diet in a wider context too. I lost 20kg whilst still eating ice cream because I managed to make it fit in my calorie goals (along with lots of meat, vegetables and reasonable quantities of starchy carbs).

One thing that helped me manage chocolate intake is to buy boxes of really, really, REALLY good chocolates and then allow myself one or two. They tend to be so flavourful and have such a long mouth-feel that one or two is more satisfying than a big bar of cheap chocolate.

Anyway, hope you have a great time here and that you're successful in your goals!

Sundae

• Like 1

Welcome welcome welcome!

Always happy to see metric weights and measures. ;) Silly 'Murican measurements make no sense!

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with counting calories as long as you're looking at your diet in a wider context too. I lost 20kg whilst still eating ice cream because I managed to make it fit in my calorie goals (along with lots of meat, vegetables and reasonable quantities of starchy carbs).

One thing that helped me manage chocolate intake is to buy boxes of really, really, REALLY good chocolates and then allow myself one or two. They tend to be so flavourful and have such a long mouth-feel that one or two is more satisfying than a big bar of cheap chocolate.

Anyway, hope you have a great time here and that you're successful in your goals!

Sundae

Thank you!

I use an app to make sure I get the lbs right :D I know that's probably easier for most on here :)

Yeah, I add the chocolate to my calorie count and know when I hit my limits... still don't like it :D

I'm from Germany - the best chocolate is pretty cheap imho :D So that's not really working, but thank you for the tip!

• Like 1

Thank you!

I use an app to make sure I get the lbs right :D I know that's probably easier for most on here :)

Yeah, I add the chocolate to my calorie count and know when I hit my limits... still don't like it :D

I'm from Germany - the best chocolate is pretty cheap imho :D So that's not really working, but thank you for the tip!

Oh I know German chocolate's good, I was meaning more consciously buying boxes of luxury chocolates.

Don't feel guilty about chocolate if it fits your goals, though. It's not doing you any harm!

I'm mean with kg, I just stick to that and let those who don't know do the calculations (even if it means that my training logs look less impressive than Americans lifting similar weights).

Oh I know German chocolate's good, I was meaning more consciously buying boxes of luxury chocolates.

Don't feel guilty about chocolate if it fits your goals, though. It's not doing you any harm!

I'm mean with kg, I just stick to that and let those who don't know do the calculations (even if it means that my training logs look less impressive than Americans lifting similar weights).

I'll try to think less about it ;) Maybe it's actually the problem: Thinking too much.

I'll probably do that, too. But for this post I made the effort - later, we'll see :D

I totally forgot XD 

I'm 1,60 meters, so... 5'3"? I think. 

And i I took some measurements in February and March; sadly not in January when I started. 

Everything's in centimeters. 

February 16th to March 12th:

Breast: 119-116

Underbreast: 96-94

Waist: 102-98

Belly: 108-103

Ass: 119-113

Upper leg: 68-66