Forums are back in action! ×

Hello people of Nerd Fitness! 

Although I just joined the forum, I've been following the site for almost two years now. Love the content, lots of useful, well researched information available, and I hope that the community is awesome as well :) 

I suppose that a short introduction is in order, for whoever will read this post: Hi, my name is Jakov (Jacob/Jake), 21 year old psychology student from Croatia. I've never really worked out, unless you count two pretty short stints, each lasting for about a month (even that is an optimistic overestimation). I was always in decent shape, if a little on the scrawny side, but I've never had the discipline and motivation to take a program and stick to it for a while, mostly because of my congenital issues.

Basically, I have a (very) mild form of cerebral palsy, which manifests itself as a neuromotor issue - the whole right side of my body is in slight spasm, thus underdeveloped and atrofied, especially my right leg. This has discouraged me from seriously working out, as I was in fear that inbalances and (joint) issues will surface if I try to work out. 

This changed about 5 weeks ago, when I got the chance to be a case for a physiotherapy seminar, where I pretty much got the green light to work out in whatever way, as long as I don't have pain. That motivated me to get serious and I can say that, for the first time in my life, I have motivation for working out, and I managed to not skip a day of my program for more than 4 weeks now. 

For the first two weeks I followed the '90 days of action' program on Darebee.com, but I wasn't satisfied with it, as it was too complicated and varied. It did start developing a habit, though, and I switched to the NF beginner body weight workout coupled with HIIT running for cardio. I can say I'm very satisfied, haven't had any problems and been seeing measurable results, which is great! 

This gets me to here. I like what I'm doing now and I feel great, but my goal is lifting weights, getting stronger, remedying my situation. And to be honest I am a little bit scared, mostly because of the issues I mentioned. So if you could help me with any kind of advice, or even just positive vibes, I would be grateful :)

Cheers!

Wow, you are very motivational in your own way! I hope you nail your workouts and feel amazing everyday! Definitely going to support you!

Oh! It seems that I have written a message! How nice of you, hands

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.