Forums are back in action! ×

So... 18 months after a second fighting injury landed me in the Er thinking I was having a heart attack (I was not. I pulled a muscle in by rib cage.), I have decided that perhaps ninja is not the best class for me.  Perhaps there is a reason there are not a lot of gnome ninjas around. So a complete character respec is in order.  

However, since Jan 2015, I have basically done nothing fitness wise or any way to make myself level up.  I keep trying to go it alone, hit the gym, but its not working.  Its not fun and I am not enjoying it. I loved fighting but, my body didn't.  Just not coordinated and flexible enough to keep myself from hurting myself.  

At this point I am not sure where to put my energies into and what I want my goal to be, other than to loose the 20 pounds I have gained in the last 18 months.  I just keep having excuses after excuses.  I was hurt, then we got ready to move, then I got a new job and I hate winter and tend to hibernate. blah blah blah.  I also ate all the stress of a new life in a new city.  Although it was delicious, I need to stop now.   I know the next challenge starts in two weeks so my main goal is to come up focus on what I really want to do and can do.  In the mean time, just do something every day.

Goals  - Beginners body weight workout 3x this week

Walk other 3 days in the week.  

Spend time this week figuring out a real plan

Level 5 gnome ninja

STR - 14.5 DEX - 2 STA - 5.5 CON - 15.75 WIS - 14.25 CHA - 4.75

It's been four days and I am really still confused as to what I want BUT three of the days I did something.  

I spent two hours gardening, walked the dog for an hour on Monday and today did the beginners body weight workout.  While I don't know where I want to be but I know where I am is bad. So I figure at least doing something is better than the nothing I had been. 

Level 5 gnome ninja

STR - 14.5 DEX - 2 STA - 5.5 CON - 15.75 WIS - 14.25 CHA - 4.75

Something is ALWAYS better than nothing.  I know it's hard, but practicing self-compassion and self-love I think will be very helpful for you.  I think when we fall off the horse we have a tendency to be very hard on ourselves because of the shame that we feel.  But you're human, and definitely not alone. 

Even though you aren't there yet, you're taking the right steps.  That deserves recognition and reward in and of itself, and I think is definitely cause for celebration and reward.  And it may take some time to figure out what works for you again, but that's OK.  Keep changing it up and doing new things to try to figure it out.  You will definitely find it.