Forums are back in action! ×

im alex and i finally decided to join this community after reading so many articles here over the past few months. im 19 and almost done w my first year of college.

in january i discovered the paleo lifestyle and after many years of doing so, i stopped running long distance. my life is so much better without it. i had some disordered eating habits last summer and i don't think that the running helped. i was all about low-fat, eating tons of brown rice and ezekiel bread, and running until i couldn't run anymore. i had some good half marathon times and in high school i did a couple years of cross country but was mainly a competitive soccer player in high school (played on a regional level team) and i really miss playing.

anyway, i totally changed my exercise to heavy lifting and sprints. a couple of weeks ago i joined a crossfit gym so i go there around three times a week and my other days are spent just lifting on my own or the random one day of sprints. i am amazed at how much better i feel on paleo and i love it. what i would really like though is to gain ~10 lbs of muscle instead of looking like a 12 year-old for the rest of my life (i am 5'3 and ~120 lbs). i still look quite weak and slightly "skinny fat" from my distance running days so i really want to change that. think i just need to be more patient though......

but anyway i really enjoy browsing everything on this site so i look forward to poking around even more but now as an official member :~)