Forums are back in action! ×

Let's try this again

Hello all!

Last February I started primal (at least, the nutrition aspect of it). This lasted a couple of months and for that period I was in the greatest state of health I have ever been in, my usual sleeping problems had gone, my stomach issues became manageable, I was filled with more energy than I had the knowledge to use properly.

however, I am very susceptible to stress, and my comfort of choice has always been sugar.

Bad day at work? Can of energy drink

Family fallout? Doughnuts sound good.

I had a moment of weakness at a family outing last year due to disagreements spiralling into a full blown argument, so I sat there in silence gorging on cake while everyone else screamed at each other. I've been off the wagon since.

I know that I'm able to make the transition to eating primarily, my problem is sticking with it when the going gets tough. This is going to be compounded by the fact that I've set a quitting date for my smoking, and the nicotine withdrawal is very likely to stress me out further than usual.

Here are my three starting goals to aim for with this respawn!

1) make attempt number x at quitting smoking, my date for quitting is 23rd of April

2) Start eating primarily again

3) dedicate some more time to activities that improve me, instead of narcotising myself with space engineers each night. ( My station, the 'Clear Skies' is looking quite good though!)

Any advice that would help me would be appreciated!

Tutunga

I am on day 6 of quitting smoking cold turkey - Just did a search to see if there were other people doing it as well. I'm having a terrible time sleeping at night but I definitely am getting my overall confidence back! I keep reminding myself that it takes time to adjust.

I wish you the best of luck, you got this!

I am on day 6 of quitting smoking cold turkey - Just did a search to see if there were other people doing it as well. I'm having a terrible time sleeping at night but I definitely am getting my overall confidence back! I keep reminding myself that it takes time to adjust.

I wish you the best of luck, you got this!

Thanks!

So far its been ok, but I did take a long weekend in order to facilitate the transition, been walking a fair bit to take my mind off of it. gone and seen a few of my freinds to get some passive support by having someone to talk to. Tomorrow is where the real challenge starts I guess!