Forums are back in action! ×

Disclaimer: I am terrible at writing these things and should probably write a template introduction. I rewrote this about five times before I was happy. I still am not, but here goes.

tl;dr: I am a computer science guy from Sweden who want to take care of his brain's home. I like martial arts and have previously been a Shaolin practitioner, I find Paleo intriguing and hope that I'll enjoy this community once I get this post over with.

Hi!

I am a Swedish computer science guy. I am currently finishing my master's thesis in computer science and I hope to one day hold a Ph.D. in the same area. I enjoy all the finest things of computer science life, such as:

• too much coffee too late at night
  • programming until 3A.M. because some code snippet just won't do what I want
  • programming mining turtles in Minecraft when I am playing to relax from my programming projects
  • having half my friends not understand a word I say because they're not as into computers as I am
  • helping all my friends solve their really rudimentary computer realted problems, because they're not as into computers as I am

I have other interests as well, like music, coffee, electronics, coffee, linguistics, coffee, animals and coffee. And computer games, of course.

So, why am I here when living this glorious lifestyle? My brain needs a place to live, and my body is quite a good candidate. I should probably maintain it so my brain likes its home, so lately I've been working out a bit with FitRanx, which I enjoy, and I've been trying to eat healthier (not going so well). I stumbled in here when browsing the Paleo subreddit (I think Paleo really makes sense, and I love meat and fat so it's right up my alley) , and I thought this whole thing seemed nice. It helped quite a bit that I love martial arts, so the monk class felt just right for me. I practiced Shaolin a while ago, but unfortunately there's no school anywhere near me. I have tried other styles of Kung Fu, but I don't enjoy it as I did Shaolin. Some day I hope to be able to take that up again. Until then, maybe I'll have to "settle" for Wing Chun (I have the uttermost respect for Wing Chun, but the style isn't really to my taste).

So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for reading, have a corgi with a garlic on it's head as a reward! I hope to become active, both physically and in the community, so I guess we'll see eachother around.

Cheers!

Level 1 Human - Shaolin Neophyte

STR: 6 | FELX: 3 | STA: 8 | WILL: 8 | WIS: 8 | KNOW: 15

Progression to next level: 15/100XP

Current challenge: First Forms

Past:

Initiation

More Chi!

Train Harder!

Welcome to the community, Psyberion! Thinking of taking care of your body as taking care of your brain's home is an interesting approach. Did you know there are also many studies that show that exercise increases productivity and focus? So, maybe there's that too. :) Enjoy your time at NF!

Druid | My Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl anymore, you find someone to carry you."

Thank you! Yes, I know of those studies, they're part of why I'm doing this. Sure, I enjoy being able to run and all that, but as my biggest interest requires that I use my mind I figured I should do what I can to take care of it, even if it means challenging myself physically, Luckily for me though, I quite like challenges regardless of if they're physical or mental!

Past:

Initiation

More Chi!

Train Harder!

Just a quick note on this whole "I do this to improve my mind" thing: I wouldn't want to be obese even if it didn't affect my mind. Having a functioning body that I'm comfortable with is of course important to me. It's not the reason I'm doing this because I alrealy am quite happy with my body and I'm in good health and okay shape. So I'm mainly doing this fitness journey to increase focus and productivity, any improved physical traits (like my strength or flexibility, both which could be significantly better) are more of a bonus.

Past:

Initiation

More Chi!

Train Harder!