Forums are back in action! ×

<insert witty title here>

Hello, all. My story isn't really that different from a lot of others.

Growing up I was NEVER overweight. In fact, I was underweight for most of my life. I was on two different travelling soccer teams through High School and also played for my High School team. Despite working out, drinking mass builder shakes, and eating whatever I wanted I never gained weight. Well, until I was 27.

The thing that I learned in college that has stuck with me the most has been that eating pizza and Doritos while playing a MMO (EQ, at the time) or any other great video game is extremely fun. Unfortunately, my body betrayed me and I started gaining weight at a pretty good click a few years back. I ate convenience food and mainly just sat around my house after work. At my highest I at was at 240. Not crazy-bad, but I definitely looked overweight. Ok, I had moobs. Are you happy now?

I always knew I needed to get into shape (rather than being a shape), I just didn't ever actually, well, do it.

About two years ago I got married. She never knew me skinny and was ok with my extra pounds. Well, now she is pregnant and my daughter will be here in 8 weeks. I realized that if I want to play with her as she gets older I should probably at least be able to play Kinect games without wanting to pass out.

My best friend's wife recently became a AdvoCare dealer, er, seller. They invited us to a mixer and we went to be supportive. Magically, I won the raffle for a free 24 day challenge. It came with a ton of pills and a strict diet. I saw this as an opportunity to do a "reboot" and really put in the effort. I started exercising (yes, I went noob and went heavy cardio) and really monitored what I ate. I started at 231 and ended up at 214 on the system.

I have no interest in continuing with Advocare products so I started looking around online for fitness/supplement info a few weeks ago. I don't even remember how, but I stumbled onto Nerd Fitness. Every day I would find myself being drawn back here to read an entry on a different topic. I started doing the Beginner Body Weight Routine every other day when I was around 217 lbs and I'm now down to 211.8. My wife can't believe the changes I've made and I'm looking forward to progressing further.

Just a few hours ago I decided to put my money where my mouth is and bought the Rebel Fitness Guide. I am hoping to burn off my remaining fat and then start a more focused strength training. I'm also flirting with Paleo. I have already dropped dairy and avoid bread other than whole wheat wraps every now and then. Honestly, after eating basically garbage for the last 15 years any change has helped.

Thanks for have a great site. I haven't been an active member of a forum community since back in the day on IGN's Anime forum, but I hope to participate as much as I can here.