Forums are back in action! ×

No longer part of the shadow rebellion

Hi Everyone,

I have been a fan of this site off and on for a couple years but have finally decided to sign up and become an official rebel. I guess the timing of finally joining up is really for a few different reasons: my friend's are tired of hearing me talk about lifting - so Ill keep my discussions with them limited to the usual nerdy things they are into board games, movies etc and lifting stuff here, Facebook and a recent marathon in my area has made me feel a bit like a failure (stupid Facebook, irritating brain) and finally I have gotten to a point in my lifts where its actually getting quite hard so I am looking for additional inspiration/motivation and tips from others who have been there before.

I used to be into long distance running but have found it too time consuming and did not have enough positive impacts on how I feel/felt to continue. I have pretty much switched completely to lifting - running strong lifts but down to 3x5 on the squats, 3x5 on the other lifts with 2 deload sets at the end due to time issues in the gym.  My two boys are my primary motivation for lifting (beyond the obvious ones - looking and feeling good) , I am turning 41 this year and its important to me for them to have a physically and mentally strong dad.  They are still very little but I also want to be somewhat physically intimidating to them when they enter their - pre-puberty/puberty/dickhead years..

Anyhow looking forward to interacting with the community!

Hey Kuz!

Welcome to the rebellion! Thanks, @Steaky for tagging me in!

Always, always, always excited to see another possible warrior on the boards. Do pop over to the challenge boards and say hello in the Mead Hall or on people's threads. We're all pretty friendly. Give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help too!

Lifting to scare the sh*t out of people is fun! You don't need to be big to be scary if they know you're stronk as heck!

Sundae

• Like 1