Forums are back in action! ×

Stepping out onto the road...

Hello, soon-to-be-friends!  

I've been lurking around the forums for a while, but just like talking to people at parties, it takes me a looong while to pluck up the courage to speak to people and get involved.  Since I put it to myself to do the May challenge when it started, it's as good a time as any to introduce myself too.  My name's Kylie, and I'm a long-time, proud-of-it nerd.  I'll admit that I used to be a closet-nerd, but I've come to accept the truth and beauty of dorkdom and embrace the geek within me wholeheartedly.  

The basics about me: I'm a high-school history teacher at an all girls-school, and I love my job (but I secretly want to be a writer, and am working that into my epic quest)... I'm working towards my master's degree in education, moving into my first house and getting married to the love of my life both in the next two months, and I'm open about my pretty significant anxiety problems.  I love all things fantasy and sci-fi, I read books like it's my job (I wish there was a job where I could just read books all day), and I love being outside in pretty much any capacity (even though the sun hates me and my Irish skin).  I'm an obsessive list-maker, and the appeal of making life into a game of quests and challenges is so completely up my alley.  I'm here to make improvements and make the most of my time: move more, get stronger, stop eating so much sugar, get out into the world, be brave, love hard, and have fun.  

Looking forward to meeting fellow Rebels, making some new friends, and leveling up!  

• Like 1