Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone,

I've been sitting back in the shadows on NF for a while now and figured that I needed to finally make an account and join in on some challenges so here I am.

I'm 23 years old 6'3" 313lbs guy living in Southern New Hampshire, soon to be Boston, MA. As my name alludes, I like to spend as much time in the winters on the ski slopes as possible. The rest of the time, I'm either working(software engineer), at the gym, doing grad school work, or playing xbox.

Since last summer I have dropped 43lbs while trying everything from Spin classes to Stronglifts 5x5 and a bunch of different nutrition plans(paleo, paleo-ish, carb cycling, ect). I have now settled into powerlifting(and eating to support that) which is something that I enjoy greatly(Hi Warriors!) and throw some rucking in the mix to get out of the gym on the weekends. I had a consultation with a strength coach at a gym near where I am moving this summer and he has me on a new lifting program I can do at my current gym before I start working out at his gym.

Going forward, I'm hoping to dial in my fitness and nutrition and focus on my goals which typically has been a weakness. I tend to switch goal a great deal and now I've found something that I enjoy and intend to keep my focus towards hitting powerlifting goals. See you all in the forums!

-ArgSki77

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1

Hi NucleotidalWave,

Id tend to lean towards the Warriors when it comes to a guild for the challenges. Ive been following many of their challenges the last few months even when I didn't have an account and they line up with my goals. My focus right now is improving my core barbell lifts. I could see switches over to Rangers at some point if my focus switches over to ruck or OCR training but that wont be for a while.

Challenges

Respawn 2017 - CH1

2 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

Hi NucleotidalWave,

Id tend to lean towards the Warriors when it comes to a guild for the challenges. Ive been following many of their challenges the last few months even when I didn't have an account and they line up with my goals. My focus right now is improving my core barbell lifts. I could see switches over to Rangers at some point if my focus switches over to ruck or OCR training but that wont be for a while.

I am still trying to figure out how to work the challenges. I think I will start with an Adventurer challenge since I will be hiking in AZ in a few weeks anyway. I'm not sure if I can start one at this point after the Challenge start date has already passed though (May 8).

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Sober September, and probably longer.

That would be where I would start if you dont know what the challenges are about. From what I have read on here, the challenges are about you and your goals and in my opinion starting 3 days late is better than waiting 4 weeks for the next challenge. Ill have one up as soon as I get free time to write it out.

Challenges

Respawn 2017 - CH1

19 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

That would be where I would start if you dont know what the challenges are about. From what I have read on here, the challenges are about you and your goals and in my opinion starting 3 days late is better than waiting 4 weeks for the next challenge. Ill have one up as soon as I get free time to write it out.

Thanks! Adding this to my main program.

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Sober September, and probably longer.

Hey ArgSki!

I'd seen you post on my challenge but hadn't realised you were new to NF! Welcome to the Rebellion!

Always good to have a new Warrior around. Warriors are the best guild! ;)

What's your new programming like? I love seeing other people's programming styles whilst I'm trying to work out how to develop my own skills.

Sundae

• Like 1

Hi Sundae!

Thanks for reaching out! Now that I put my money down for my first meet, I decided that it was time to get more serious and actually make an account and challenge to focus myself even though I've been creeping on warrior challenges for months now.

3 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

What's your new programming like? I love seeing other people's programming styles whilst I'm trying to work out how to develop my own skills.

New program is 4 days a week. One day each for squat, bench, deadlift, and OHP. Each day the main lift builds up from 30% of my 1RM to 90% of my 1RM and at the end there is an As Many As Possible set that gets used to determine whether to increase the 1RM value. Greater than 15 on that set and I bump the weight up the following week. 

Accessory work is pretty basic. Mostly lighter high rep stuff except for a couple of 350 Method exercises. 50 reps across 3 sets in whatever combination gets me to 50. Greater than 50 then bump the weight up next week.

I was a bit late to the game but I got my challenge up in the Warriors section. That has the exact exercises and rep breakdown for the routine I am working with if you want more of a breakdown :)

Challenges

Respawn 2017 - CH1