Forums are back in action! ×

Starting Off in Michigan

I just got laid off from my only source of income so I will be using this extra time to focus on my health. Something I should always be doing no matter what, anyway.

However, when I do have a job, I am balancing both that and school in the evenings and weekends (Graduate school).

BUT since I now have free time, other than applying for a new job, I will be using a gym membership offered me from school and regaining the strength and flexibility I had 1 year ago.

Hopefully I can use this time to establish a plan so that I can continue with my fitness goals while I am also holding a job and going to school.

I'm a 26 y/o female who would like to lose 40 lbs by the end of the year. I want to focus on strength training and flexibility. I enjoy hiking (especially in AZ where my Mom lives), swimming and photography.

I am starting with a basic strength training program where I lift 3 days a week. On each of these strength days I will be doing 3 of the basic moves (squats, deadlifts, overhead press, and bench press) with push-ups and chin-ups assisting afterwards. This routine may change as I go.

On my off days I will be taking yoga classes and strengthening my core, with one or two days (rotating) where I rest or go for a light jog at my local park.

I don't know what guild I want to choose, but I seem to be a Ranger/Druid/Adventurer hybrid.

Any advice is always appreciated.

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Sober September, and probably longer.