Forums are back in action! ×

New to the forum and to fitness

Hi! I'm Max. I'm a university student, and my health is a total mess.

I haven't eaten a vegetable in over six months (I tend to eat four packets of crisps a day and leave it at that...) and I smoke. I'm not overweight though, and I have no idea how I've managed that. I sort of exercise - in between working on essays I end up sprinting up and down my room to release the pent up energy, and I tend to fidget a lot.

My goals are to sort out my health and fitness in a way that's manageable - I care about the fact I feel like shit, I'm pretty happy with my body however it looks. Seeing workout routines recommended, ideal meal plans and people asking how much weight I want to lose/tone I want to build/etc is really overwhelming right now.

My goals for now are to try to incorporate more healthy food into my diet (I'll start with trying to eat a full meal with one item of veg in it and increase it slowly once I'm used to that), reduce the amount I smoke and find some exercise I find fun enough to stick to (my friend showed me how to do pull ups with his pull up bar thing and it's so much fun, plus I might head over to the trampoline park and see if that's fun?).

I know these goals aren't healthy, but I think I need to start really small to avoid overwhelm, especially given how I've been living my life for the last two years. I'm really busy in other areas so I don't think I ever want to become a fitness fanatic, I just want to stop feeling fatigued, foggy, and generally ill all the time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

• Like 2

Hi Max,

I'm new to the forum as well, not so new to fitness though. If you can bang out pull ups already that's super impressive and who doesn't love trampolines! I definitely know where your coming from with the overwhelming information overload. Best thing you can do is just keep making small changes here and there, they tend to stick better then making one big dramatic change.

First thing I recommend to anyone trying to make dietary changes is give up soft drink (coke etc...) if you drink it, that's just a big ticket item that can make a lot of difference. Otherwise just pick something small, like you have (eating more veges), and just keep  working on dialing in little changes and you'll do great.

Taking small steps is better then standing still.

Good luck achieving your goals.

Current Lift PB's

Snatch - 105kg | C&J - 127kg | Back Squat - 175kg | Front Squat - 137kg

Instagram / Battlelog

Welcome to the Rebellion!

On 5/14/2016 at 7:46 PM, anethara said:

I know these goals aren't healthy, but I think I need to start really small to avoid overwhelm, especially given how I've been living my life for the last two years. I'm really busy in other areas so I don't think I ever want to become a fitness fanatic, I just want to stop feeling fatigued, foggy, and generally ill all the time.

Those goals sound pretty healthy to me. Just because they are small steps doesn't mean that they aren't worth while. Everyone here has different goals and reasons for being here but as ChanelNo.9 said, the community is great and understands and encourages everyone to work towards what ever marks they set!

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1