Forums are back in action! ×

Shrove Tuesday

is tomorrow (21st) also known as pan cake day where traditionally people would use up all their flour and eggs in order to give them up for lent. Nowadays though people give up all sorts of things for lent and I was curious of what (if anything) people here were giving up until good friday (which falls on April 6th this year. Last year I gave up crisps but I haven't decided what I'm giving up this year yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

well I've been focusing on eating already so I was thinking something in my life. I don't know if I'm ready to say give up the internet, but maybe limiting myself to only certain times of day?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I think I'll give up grains and dairy. Does it count if I'm actually doing something good for me?

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Absolutely. A lot of people don't give anything up and decided to do something instead or they give up things that aren't good for them so they can try to keep going after Lent as well.

I agree. Don't necessarily think you should give something up, but make a change in your life for the better. Some people give up sugar, cookies or soda. I like to use it to motivate myself to get healthier. Because if you successfully follow whatever change you made, there's a good chance you'll form a habit. :)

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" - Plato

Guest guest4729

We call it Fat Tuesday here.

In honor of the day before it, me, my German teacher and kids from various German classes got together and made German donuts. SO YUMMY. Wish they were Fasnachts with a cream center though. Mmmmm.