Forums are back in action! ×

After Graduation, Begin Life-ing Again

I was feeling pretty great about my workouts. I had about a three month stretch (September-November) of regular working out, going to the gym approx. 3-4 x/week, then Christmas break. Spring semester was...not consistent and then - I finished my masters degree. If this sounds like the end of the world, then you're right. For the last month my life has been chaotic. Getting ready for finals, taking finals, graduating, moving, and settling in again have been the WORST.

So, my respawn? Begin life-ing again. All the awesome, necessary LIFE stuff that gets pushed to the side in favor of more important things, like writing papers vs. gym. Seeing friends for the last time before moving vs. ...not going out for fro-yo. Eating breakfast, lunch, AND dinner out because all the pots, pans, and silverware is packed. Suffice it to say, bad decisions were made.

A few good decisions made in recent days include the following:

I went to the grocery store yesterday and got plenty of healthy food to combat my natural tendency to sweet snacks.

I made an appointment to visit/register for a gym that's conveniently close to my workplace.

I also realized that while my fall semester workouts were making me feel great, I wasn't progressing. After trolling the forums for a bit, I answered my own question and got myself a battle log to track workouts and schedule in times of progress.

I'm feeling pretty great about this, too :)

• Like 2

Wow, you have been BUSY! :D Great job on finishing your degree; that level of education is very difficult to accomplish. You already know what to do, and you've got a good plan for back into the swing of exercising. Keep going!

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I really resonate with this post, haha. Congrats on graduating!

I finished up my degree as well and completely neglected my health. Now that free time is a thing again, I want to get back on the wagon and start being more active. Good luck and I'll be fighting right beside you!

• Like 1