Forums are back in action! ×

Feeling strong!

Well, maybe comparatively I'm quite weak but damn it if I'm not happy with my recent work!

I started two months ago doing olympic lifting. It is a pretty hardcore lifting program so I've been close to death on occasion hunched over a sink dry heaving my guts out. But I have persevered. At the start I did a couple of lifts for fun and got the following:

Squat: 80kg (I puked after that, not my proudest moment, but I was happy with the weight I did)

Deadlift: 90kg

A month later I did some max lifts in preperation for the plan I am on now and got the following:

Squat: 100kg

Deadlift: 105kg

Bench: 70kg

snatch: 55kg

clean and jerk : 75kg

A week ago I decided I felt great so I went to the gym with the express purpose of maxing my squats, it was on my off day so why not? :)

I squeezed out a 120kg squat. The guys around me told me the form was fine and I am pretty proud of that. Especially since it was a goal of mine

since I weighted 120kg at the start of my lifting journey. A couple of days later I did a 120kg deadlift as well. So my first goal of deadlifting and squatting my body weight were achieved.

Now I am aiming to do 150kg in both and 85kg in bench. This will take a bit longer to get but I am fine with it.

However I went to the gym again yesterday on a day off, motivated and feeling great. I did some oly lifting exercises and then followed that up by seeing how hight up I could go with deadlifts. I managed to lift 140kg!!! I am so happy with it! I attempted 142.5 but that one did not go above 5cm above the floor before my body said "Nope!".

So my current stats after two months of heavy lifting are:

squat: 120kg

Deadlift: 140kg

Bench: 70kg

snatch: 55kg

clean and jerk : 75kg

I dont know how this, in my opinion, quick progress came to be. I have often worked physical jobs in the past but for the past eight years I've been to school and then worked as a software developer so the lazyness was my lifestyle. I guess it has to do with muscle memory, you gain back muscles you've lost faster when you train again (or so I've heard) as well as my body learning to use the muscles I already had dormant under the flab. I am 33, 172cm, 116kg today.

But anyway, heck yeah! I cant wait to go to the gym again tonight and continue with my program!

<Goal status : 12.3lbs/54lbs = 22%>