Forums are back in action! ×

Recomp stalled...time to buckle down!

Hey all.

Been changing my approach to fitness last 3 months and progress has slowed. Made it through all the newbie gains and the recomp phase of quickly losing fat and building lean mass with my plan the last 3 months.  Starting stats were:

5ft 10in

28 yrs

228 lbs 

Bf% 25+

Quite over weight but no stranger to lifting weights. Very strong but poor capacity for cardiovascular exercise.

I've mostly just changed my food choices to healthier ones and reduced my portions and adjusted my meal timing to suit fatloss a bit better. Nothing too specific. 

As far as training goes I have focused mostly on full body compound movements and some four horsemen style grinds and circuits. Olympic style lifts crossfit type wods and some running have gotten me this far but progress has stalled and I feel it's time to re adjust my approach.

Current stats 

215 lbs

15-18% bf. 

Overall looking much leaner and nicer physique but still soft looking midsection. I have another month or two before beach season and I'm looking forward to taking my shirt off and looking half decent for first time in 10 years. Help me make the changes I need and get the ball rolling again!?

4 hours ago, iWONTstop said:

Overall looking much leaner and nicer physique but still soft looking midsection. I have another month or two before beach season and I'm looking forward to taking my shirt off and looking half decent for first time in 10 years. Help me make the changes I need and get the ball rolling again!?

Good Luck! Good job on your progress so far. I don't know exactly how to help because i"m not there (yet!) . I hear that majority of it is done through your diet. The diet i feel is the hardest and most important to dial in because we all want a milkshake.

• Like 2

I've altered my workouts from twice a day to 3 times a day. Here's how my meals and training sessions look...

I train 3 days on 1 day off and repeat. I'm sleeping average 7-9 hours a night and am drinking 150 oz of water a day. 

Morning (before breakfast) cardio 

I run between 3 and 5 miles or sometimes bike an hour. Eating breakfast right after. 

Lunch is usually sandwich meats wrapped around cheeses and salad. 

Refeed lunch. 

Afternoon I lift weights keeping intensity high for 1 to 1.5 hours. Eat dinner right after.

Dinner is Usually a lean meat of sorts (turkey or chicken), sometimes a cup of pasta of a workout day. raw broccoli, carrots, salad without dressing, an occasional 1slice of home made bread if carbs get too low.

I have my cheat meals once a week when I allow myself a piece of pizza or a slice of pie. But I always keep sugar and complex carbs to nearly zero on rest days. My one true cheat is my coffee with cream and sugar everyday.  I won't drop it.

Evening after dinner I go and train boxing and core/abdominals for an hour. 

Idk what my caloric expenditure is In a day with this new routine but I imagine it should break me through this fatlass plateau.