Forums are back in action! ×

"A vampire can be of any evil alignment, and if its alignment was not evil in life it becomes so in undeath. A vampire retains all the abilities it had in life, plus it gains the ability to drain life energy, and to dominate other creatures with its gaze."

And so, even though our hero had twice fought hard and had twice prevailed against the forces that had beset him, he found himself once again drained of the victory he'd previously enjoyed and was now back where he had started.

I just got back from a game convention. It was a great time, with great people, but I noticed two things there that disturbed me. One, a LOT of my fellow convention goers seemed to be overweight; and two, I may be in that camp myself.

In the past, I've gotten myself down to a healthy and happy target weight and (more importantly for me) down to a waist and belly size that I like. I did it three years ago. I did it again last year. And each time I've let myself slip back into the habits that get me further from the way I want to look and feel. So I'm back on the path to fitness. I don't have far to go, really. 10 lbs to look good, 15 lbs to really be where I want to be. That's easy enough. Each time I've done this in the past, it was after I'd spent time with Nerd Fitness - the blog, the forums, etc. So I'm back and ready to do this again, this time (I hope) for good.

Thanks for always being here when I've needed you.

• Like 2

Archer | Fencer | Painter | DM

A call to adventure...

Level 3 Ranger - Current Challenge [2] [1]

STR: 7   |   DEX: 8   |   STA: 7   |   CON: 10   |   WIS: 2   |   CHA: 3