Forums are back in action! ×

Doing something for me

Hello everyone,

After being the "fat kid" in my group of friends for many years now I have decided that I want more out of life and losing weight and getting stronger seems like the perfect place to start. I recently graduated from High School and now the majority of my friends are off to their respective colleges across the country and I want to be in the best possible shape that I can be in before they return to town. I'm more then sick of hearing off handed jokes about my weight and I am more dedicated to getting fit than I have ever been in my life and I think lurking in Nerd Fitness has had a huge role to play in it.

Oddly enough I'm more excited about the challenges that I'm going to face in my journey more than the final result of me being in really good shape(not to say I'm not excited about that too) for when my friends come back home. I hope that NF will be a crutch for me if i ever doubt myself or hit any bumps along the way and I'm very excited to be here!:smug:

(sorry if there are a lot of grammar and punctuation errors in this I have a Written language disability and if i don't spend a long time proof reading something it usually doesn't come out that great)

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Hey SLSS,

I'm excited for you! Just imagine the faces of your friends when they come back and see you looking all buff!! How long is it until you see them again? Do you have a good game plan and a set of goals? I'm new myself so look forward to seeing you around :)

D.B.

P.S. I've got dyslexia so if there are any mistakes in my posts your just going to have to live with it! lol

Yea i'm excited to see their faces when they see the "new" me, as far as a timetable for how long I it will probably be around 3 1/2 to 4 months until they come home so I know I can get a lot done in that time. My main goal is to try and get my body fat percentage down to 10% or as close as I can get it from 25% that I was at the last time I checked, We also play ultimate frisbee a lot so being able to keep up with everyone when we play is another goal that I know I can accomplish.

As far as a plan to get there I go to the gym everyday and switch off lifting-intervals-long distance cardio so I can get a good mix of everything that I want, I've also switched to a mostly paleo diet(about 80%) so that should help too.

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole