Forums are back in action! ×

Hi again,

I posted a lot here last fall. I was trying to lose weight through home workouts and eating less food. And I was doing an okay job at it, but then I left my work term and went back to university to finish my engineering degree. It was hell. I gained like 15 pounds in 4 months, stress eating with my teammates and classmates. Not only was the final project completely stressful, but drama with another student targeting myself and friends added on even more pressure. There were some days I'd eat out all day just because I was in the lab that much. 

I've tried this losing weight thing so many times, I even found some notes where I wrote that I wanted to be 30 pounds lighter by now, and I had a plan to get there. But I focused too much on the weight, and when it didn't budge I got discouraged and I focused on things I could change right away: to-do lists, emails, assignments.

This time will be different. I have goals that have nothing to do with weight. I want to fix my posture. I want to not struggle to open the heavy doors to work. I want to eat less meat and try to transition into vegetarianism. I adore asian fashion, particularly Korean fashion and Japanese lolita/mori fashion, and they look best with a petite figure, if I could slim down so these clothes would look good on me, I'd be so happy. Instead of focusing on the number on the scale, I want to focus on a whole lifestyle change. A "warrior princess" style really appeals to me: as graceful and beautiful as a princess but can totally beat the crap out of you.

I've joined a gym chain, and the closest one is 24 hours and right across the road from my house. Joining came with a health check-up where the guy guessed I worked at a desk job before I even told him. I was told to focus on strength training since I had little to no upper body strength. My shoulders roll forward because my upper back isn't strong enough to keep them where they should be. He also told me the muscle along the back of my leg and ankle can't stretch enough. Completely normal for office jobs, and easy to fix, all it takes is consistency at the gym.

So here is me starting again. Today is my birthday so hopefully by my birthday next year I'll have improved.

• Like 1