Forums are back in action! ×

Why is your body awesome?

My body has grown five whole people, and fed them.

It has soothed colicky babies, trained with my kids' soccer teams, cross country teams, and baseball teams.

My body has run my races for me, fought my battles, cried my tears, and celebrated my joys along the way.

My body fits into my husband's arms perfectly.

It loves good food, good friends, and good times. It responds when I feed it well, and when I feed it poorly.

If I ask it to lift heavy things, it will...if I ask it to run long distances, it will.

We don't always love each other, but my body is amazing, and I intend to make it even better.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Brilliant thread.

My body is awesome because it remembers things. After years off I can still do a pretty good butterfly. After decades out of TKD I can still launch good kicks. It also lets me lift things that are way out of my league as long as I don't let it know how heavy they are (totally handy for moving couches).

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Woot I love butterfly kicks!

My body can without any prior weight training, max out at more than 1.5 times my body weight in a squat and 20 lbs more than that for my deadlift.

It can overcome sickness, fight to the death, build things, withstand pain, dance, act, climb, run and somehow process the massive amounts of food I shovel into it. My body can handle sleep deprivation, muscle fatigue and torn ligaments. My body can heal. My body can break other bodies. My body can grow. But more than that, my body is a gift. One that teaches me how to care for it just by feeling a certain way.

The coolest thing though... When connected to my mind; my body can do parkour.

My body is awesome because it can pull 335 for reps.

My body is awesome because it will put up with me and do crazy things like 1000 burpees in a row.

My body is awesome because it's got all these crazy curves and squishy parts in just the right places.

My body is awesome because sometimes I wonder if it wants to get stronger more than my brain does.

My body is awesome because I smoked a pack a day for almost ten years and 9 months after I quit already had better sitting lung capacity than 90% of the non smoking population.

My body is awesome because instead of letting me kill it through bulimia (and I was very close) it finally said enough is enough and started fighting back and came out stronger than it was before the battle began.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Cool! Do you sell them or make them for yourself?

Make for myself. It's a hassle to set everything up, so not selling. Plus, I hate commissions with a passion (took a year off doing any of it after taking some commissions). If I get motivated I might end up with a small stock on hand at some point, though.

My body is awesome because it tells me day by day that I have come this far, it supports me in all what I do in life.

My body is awesome because underneath the fat that I am striving to lose, there are muscles that allows me to be able to lift heavier stuff than my husband.

My body is awesome because it just is!

"I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest."