Forums are back in action! ×

noob from Vancouver Island

You will see it in my profile, but I always wanted to be a Jedi growing up. I didn't really talk about it much, but the world felt flat and dull compared to my dream. I grew up and it fell away, lost in awful high school, weight gain, awkwardness and on and on. As an adult I didn't think much about it until a lot later when I was overweight, not very agile and terribly out of shape. I was suddenly so very sad that my Jedi idea was done with. I convinced myself that an adult woman who was heavy and couldn't do stairs without huffing and puffing a bit would never do martial arts or fencing or any of the other things a Jedi might need to do. Then of course, I was eating because I was sad, and that made it worse. So many people around me seemed to be doing fascinating things and I was miserable. 

I don't remember where I heard about Nerd Fitness, but I started out reading those first emails and something in me just knew this was the place for me, and today I have signed up for the fitness academy. I'm determined to get back the dream I lost, somehow.

Welcome Islander! Whereabouts on the island do you live? I'm in Vic, totally understand the struggle of accepting that you can't reach your dreams because of physical limits, I just joined the academy as well in the hopes of attaining goals that got put aside for years, just been working through the first few quests and excited to actually set goals and dreams again

Ranger in training

We are all Stories in the end just make it a Good One

Pounds to loose: 120 98