Forums are back in action! ×

system.out.print("Hello, World!");

Hello World;

I'm a 25 year old programmer/writer/IT technician/bookworm/gamer from California that's finally decided to get my fitness under control (again). I used to be a crosscountry runner back nearly a decade ago, but my wealth of sedentary pursuits and extraordinarily poor diet eventually caught up with me. I'm 5'10" and 220 now, with most of that being fat, and as someone who spent most of my life identifying as skinny, that's not really ok with me. While I have accepted that I'm unlikely to ever be classically "skinny" again, as I finally grew into my father's broad shoulders, I do still want ot be as fit and agile as I used to be. As such I plan to put a big focus on bodyweight workouts, mostly to allow me to pursue Yoga, Gymnastics, and hopefully ever Parkour in the future. Obviously these interests have lead me towards the Assassin guild (though I admit Monk was tempting) and I've recently started my first challenge with them, which I would love help in keeping accountable for in the thread here. Hopefully if nothing else my passion for narrative can lend some smiles to a few people while I work on being able to do a freaking pull-up again :D

• Like 2

Aasimir Assassin

"If you ever stop fighting for what you believe in, can you ever be said to have believed in it in the first place?" - Albireo

7 hours ago, Dreamweaver said:

as someone who spent most of my life identifying as skinny, that's not really ok with me

I can relate to that :)

I remember one day looking in the mirror and going "WTF is that hanging from my waist?!?!?!"

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.